Instagram hasn’t been around that long compared to other social networks like Facebook and Twitter but now it is one of the go to sites for local business to market their products and services. Since being bought out by Facebook, what was once simply a photosharing site, now has an amazing advertising platform. With laser targeting you can reach the right audience easily and you can bet your competition is taking advantage. Social media marketing gurus understand that users keep an eye on their feeds and the Instagram audience clicks on ads more often than any other social media platform.
Digital marketing has long since surpassed print advertising in terms of affordability and ROI, big and small business are jumping on the social media advertising bandwagon. Instagram alone is expected to reach more than $3 billion in revenue this year, business owners are putting their money where their mouth…er photo…is.
Of all the social networks Instagram has an easy to use ad platform and the users interact with content. The metrics are fantastic and for small business owners, it’s still affordable. If you have been spending ad dollars on Facebook and not seeing the results you want then maybe it is time to integrate Instagram into marketing plans.
Before you start running ads on Instagram you should know a few things to make the most out of the campaign.
Here are five tips to make your Instagram campaign successful:
1. Start with the basics. Make sure your profile and bio are completely filled out with as much detail as possible. Use your company logo as your profile picture.
2. Tell your audience WHY you are on Instagram. If this is your business account then keep it that way, you don’t need to post your holiday pics from Disneyworld. Make sure users can identify it as your brand, that being said keep the conversation on the informal side.
3. Have a plan. This needs to be done across all your social media platforms, plan out your content. Post relevant stuff at the right time of day, not planning is the reason so many social marketing strategies fizzle out.
4. Don’t let your hashtags be your conversation. DO NOT add dozens of hashtags to a post! It is irritating to read and completely counterproductive. Yes, you should use hashtags, sparingly. You want quality over quantity everytime.
5. You need to look good! Instagram is a visual medium so make sure your photos and videos measure up, blurry pics from your phone don’t. Instagrammers want funny or visually appealing photos. There are apps you can use to improve the pics you post on Instagram.
Keep these tips in mind before you launch your Instagram campaign. Add some flair to your Instagram posts and attract some attention it will pay huge dividends in the end.